Full Moon rituals & practices at home
How's your week been so far? Our daily workload at our jobs and homes can be overwhelming. We are desperately trying to complete all of our tasks at work, be good parents, have a nice clean house, cook healthy nutritional meals for our families - but hey! We only have 24 hrs in our day (and we need at least 7-8 hours to sleep!). It's super important to find some "me" time to balance, cleanse your energy and simply catch a breath.
Remember - you can't pour from an empty cup, so take care of yourself first in order to be able to care of others.
Any time of the month if good to find a little bit of space for yourself. Below I will tell you a few rituals and practices to perform during the Full Moon to help you get clarity and release worries and anxieties that you unnecessarily carry.
1) Charging crystals under Full Moon light will cleanse them of any accumulated bad energy. You can also charge water /favorite herbal tea and drink it the next morning.
2) Meditating & journaling is one of the best ways to release and let go... Although some wounds may take more than one Moon to heal, repeating this simple ritual every month will have a soothing effect.
3) Smudging yourself & your space with sage, palo santo or your favorite dried herbs or loose incense will remove negative & stagnant energy your aura has collected since the last smudging.
4) Practice yoga to release tension and stress accumulated in different parts of your body. Start your practice with meditation. Think about every single part of your body and how does it feel? I personally always get tight jaw, hips, and shoulders when I'm under stress. Other most commonly affected areas are the neck, abdomen, upper and lower back. Target that area with calming, slow yoga practiced with love towards your own body.
5) If you are not a yoga fan, just meditate! It's the best way to clear your mind and silence endless internal chatter. Once we strip our minds from all of the unwanted & negative thoughts and information, we can see clearer and truly listen to your soul's needs.
I'd love to hear how do you honour Full Moon & if you have any favorite practices and rituals during this special time of the month?